Apple Sauce & Cinnamon Cupcake
Ingredients (Makes 1 dozen)
115g (4oz) unsalted butter, softened
115g (4oz) caster sugar
115g (4oz) self-raising flour
115g (4oz) unsweetened apple sauce (I bought those under the baby food section)
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
50g (2oz) pecans, chopped
75g (3 oz) sultanas
1 small red apple, thinly sliced
2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 175 degC. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line the muffin tin with papercups.
- Place the butter, sugar, flour & eggs in a mixing bowl & beat with an electric whisk until smooth, about 2 - 3 mins.
- Stir in the apple sauce, cinnamon, pecans & sultanas.
- Spoon the batter into the cups. Lay the apple slices on top & sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Bake for 25 mins or until golden brown & a skewer / toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove tin from oven & cool for 5 mins. Then remove the cupcakes & cool on a rack.
Recipe from: 500 Cupcakes & Muffins by Fergal Connolly
According to the recipe, these cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months. Trust me ... you must try this recipe ... it is that simple yet that good (oh, did I mention my hubby actually had 2 at a go?). I bet it will taste even better served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream .... sluurrpppp :P~~~