Sunday, March 29, 2009

Apple Sauce & Cinnamon Cupcake

Had an exam this morning and while I felt relieved that it's finally over, I'm quite sure that I'll fail big time. (#_#) In order to de-stress & comfort myself, I need to have my therapy .... Baking Therapy !!!





So, i tried out this recipe since I had all the ingredients the recipe calls for. It was great. Love the cinnamon smell while it was baking ... the cupcakes turned out soft & moist ... the pecans & apple slices added a nice crunch ... the raisins were plum & juicy... 100% yummy!





Apple Sauce & Cinnamon Cupcake
Ingredients (Makes 1 dozen)

115g (4oz) unsalted butter, softened
115g (4oz) caster sugar
115g (4oz) self-raising flour
2 eggs
115g (4oz) unsweetened apple sauce (I bought those under the baby food section)
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
50g (2oz) pecans, chopped
75g (3 oz) sultanas
1 small red apple, thinly sliced
2 tablespoon granulated sugar

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 175 degC. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line the muffin tin with papercups.
  2. Place the butter, sugar, flour & eggs in a mixing bowl & beat with an electric whisk until smooth, about 2 - 3 mins.
  3. Stir in the apple sauce, cinnamon, pecans & sultanas.
  4. Spoon the batter into the cups. Lay the apple slices on top & sprinkle with a little sugar.
  5. Bake for 25 mins or until golden brown & a skewer / toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
  6. Remove tin from oven & cool for 5 mins. Then remove the cupcakes & cool on a rack.

Recipe from: 500 Cupcakes & Muffins by Fergal Connolly

According to the recipe, these cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months. Trust me ... you must try this recipe ... it is that simple yet that good (oh, did I mention my hubby actually had 2 at a go?). I bet it will taste even better served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream .... sluurrpppp :P~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment